- Monday, September 4 – Labour Day – Holiday Bowling @ 10, bring lunch – dessert to follow, provided by the club.
- Starting Tuesday, September 5 new Tuxedo LBC bowling times – evening @ 6.30 and daytime @ 1.
- Sunday, September 10 – Association Mixed Fours @ Gimli (2 ladies, 2 men per team). Contact Marcel Cherlet @ 1-204-642-7117 to register your team, no later than Sunday, September 3.
- The National Singles Competition starts at Norwood LBC and 1212, Dakota on Tuesday, September 5. There is a “Meet & Greet Social” on Monday, September 4 following the Opening Ceremony which starts at 5.30. Tickets to the social are $12 and I have them available to sell, if you wish to attend. The final day of the competition is Saturday, September 9. There will be a barbecue held at lunchtime that day and I have tickets for that also, $5 each.
- If you require further information about any of this please, just ask!
The Canadian Senior Triples Championships get under way this morning in Peterborough, Ontario. On the men’s side, Tuxedo members Ed Mulholland and Brian Kullman along with Phil Clark of St John’s LBC will represent Manitoba. Tuxedo member Marilyn Baron and her teammates Clarice Fitzpatrick and Sharon Lozinski make up the ladies team. You can follow thier progress at this link. Go Team Manitoba!
Congratulations to Tuxedo’s Sandra Mulholland and Brenda Frank. Along with teammates Elaine Jones and Betty Van Walleghem, they earned a second place finish and a silver medal at the Canadian Championships held in Victoria, B.C. Bravo!!
Tuxedo will be well represented at this important national championship event. All the tournament info including, players, draw, results, and standings can be seen at this link.
Congratulations to Tuxedo bowlers Sandra Mulholland, Shirley Stone, and Gerry Donnelly. This past Wednesday they teamed up with Phil Clark of Norwood to win this annual seniors fun event. There were no pictures taken of the winning squad, however we did manage to get a shot of one of the well dressed competing teams. See if you can guess who they are.
The August bbq will be held on Wednesday, August 16 starting at 5:30. The deadline to sign up at the club is Monday, August 14. If you cannot get to the club ahead of that please contact Julie Schmidt so that we are sure how many people will attend. The cost once more is $5 and you can choose between chicken, hot dogs and hamburgers. As always, volunteers will be required to help with the barbecue.
Congratulations to (l-r) Mel Hersak, and the dynamic duo of George (skip) and Linda Ames (lead). This Tuxedo trio took top spot at the recently held Association Open Triples event held at St James LBC. Well done! Way To Go – Tuxedo!
CALENDAR FOR AUGUST 2017
7 pm – MONDAYS & WEDNESDAYS, 10 am – TUESDAYS, THURSDAYS & FRIDAYS
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 9 AT RIVER HEIGHTS LBC ASSOCIATION OPEN SENIOR FOURS (Rain date Thursday, August 10) Contact Ed Mulholland – 204-895-8088 or by Sunday, August 6 at 6pm to enter your team
SPECIAL EVENTS AT TUXEDO
MONDAY, AUGUST 7 – HOLIDAY BOWLING Please arrive no later than 9:45 to allow teams to be drawn. More bowling after lunch, if you wish BRING YOUR LUNCH – DESSERT PROVIDED BY CLUB
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 16 @ 5:30 – BARBECUE (Further details to follow)
Congratulations to Tuxedo club members Brenda Frank, Ellen Diehl, Brian Kullman, and Jerome Kirby. Top honours in the Tom Moore Memorial went to Brian and Ellen, while Jerome and Norwood teammate Rick Knockaert prevailed in the Manitoba Open Pairs event. Brenda’s claim to fame this weekend was her TWO tournament “eight-enders”. How cool is that!? Brenda shared this exceptional achievement with her Norwood up-and-comer teammate Barb Heinrichs. Great job Ladies!! N.B. Brenda also had an eight ender this past week with club mate Joanne Kullman bringing Brenda’s weekly tally of eight-enders to 3. Wow!! Many thanks to the dedicated members of Tuxedo for hosting this event, and for their warm hospitality.