Tuxedo LBC barbecue will be held Wednesday, July 18 at 5:30 pm. The deadline to sign-up is Monday, July 16th. The cost is $5 and the meat choices are hot dogs, hamburgers or chicken. If you wish to attend please sign up at the club or answer by email. Volunteers will again be required.
It’s time for Tuxedo’s Spring Annual Mtg. Everyone is welcome. Please come and join us for this important get together being held on Saturday, May 12 beginning at 1:30. Come and share your ideas.
The Tuxedo Lawn Bowls Club will host the 2017 season wind-up on Saturday, Oct 21st at 1 pm. This get together will begin with a pizza meal, followed by the annual general meeting and prize presentations. More info to follow.
As many of you know Winnipeg is hosting the 2017 Canadian Open Singles Championships at Norwood and 1212 Dakota this week. In total there are more than 40 men and women vying for the title of Canadian Champion. Singles play, like 4’s, is rarely played at the clubs. Many members never experience singles, or even see it. Well now you have the chance. Sports Canada TV is live streaming many of the matches and you can view live streamed games at this link.
Bowls Canada has an event web page that can be viewed at this link. It has complete listing of the schedule, participants, results, and standings. Click on over and have a look. There are two entries from Tuxedo LBC this year, Brian Kullman and Jerome Kirby. We wish them all the best!
- Monday, September 4 – Labour Day – Holiday Bowling @ 10, bring lunch – dessert to follow, provided by the club.
- Starting Tuesday, September 5 new Tuxedo LBC bowling times – evening @ 6.30 and daytime @ 1.
- Sunday, September 10 – Association Mixed Fours @ Gimli (2 ladies, 2 men per team). Contact Marcel Cherlet @ 1-204-642-7117 to register your team, no later than Sunday, September 3.
- The National Singles Competition starts at Norwood LBC and 1212, Dakota on Tuesday, September 5. There is a “Meet & Greet Social” on Monday, September 4 following the Opening Ceremony which starts at 5.30. Tickets to the social are $12 and I have them available to sell, if you wish to attend. The final day of the competition is Saturday, September 9. There will be a barbecue held at lunchtime that day and I have tickets for that also, $5 each.
- If you require further information about any of this please, just ask!
Congratulations to (l-r) Mel Hersak, and the dynamic duo of George (skip) and Linda Ames (lead). This Tuxedo trio took top spot at the recently held Association Open Triples event held at St James LBC. Well done! Way To Go – Tuxedo!
CALENDAR FOR AUGUST 2017
7 pm – MONDAYS & WEDNESDAYS, 10 am – TUESDAYS, THURSDAYS & FRIDAYS
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 9 AT RIVER HEIGHTS LBC ASSOCIATION OPEN SENIOR FOURS (Rain date Thursday, August 10) Contact Ed Mulholland – 204-895-8088 or by Sunday, August 6 at 6pm to enter your team
SPECIAL EVENTS AT TUXEDO
MONDAY, AUGUST 7 – HOLIDAY BOWLING Please arrive no later than 9:45 to allow teams to be drawn. More bowling after lunch, if you wish BRING YOUR LUNCH – DESSERT PROVIDED BY CLUB
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 16 @ 5:30 – BARBECUE (Further details to follow)